Friday, September 21, 2007

The cast was amazing! - Hairspray Reviews

This new modern made version of Hairspray was simply infectios. I left the theater feeling satisfied as I tapped my foot singing "You Can't Stop the Beat"! I think the thing that made this movie what it was though was the hand-picked and well thought out cast. Everyone was perfect...to a T. I enjoyed seeing familliar faces such as John Travolta, Queen Latifah, Amanda Bynes, and Zac Efron as well as the exciting new talents of Nicky Blonsky and Elijah Kelley. Both new faces will stick in my mind becasue their performances were just amazing and and full of emotion. I enjoyed this musical classic not only because of the "corny" comedy but because of the emotional aspect of the segregation issues. I have to say that even though the musical was uplifting and unforgettable the most touching song in my book was the one during the segregation march to the station. It really hit home, and this movie got the message through clear as crystal. It made me happy, sad, excited, scared, and most of all in love with the 60's all over again.

No comments: