Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fun! fun! fun! - Hairspray Reviews

Saw the play on Broadway, wasn't overly impressed, but thought I'd give the movie a try. All I can say is WOW, I'm glad I did. I found it to be incredible fun. The talent in this film leaves you not knowing where to look fist. Casting was excellent. John Travolta in the final number reminded me of Eddie Murphy in Dreamgirls-the guy still has A LOT left in the tank, and even slips in his signature "Pulp Fiction" dance move. Nikki Bolnsky is an incredible natural, kind of like Jennifer Hudson, not to be believed. But then there's Michele Pfiffer-in a league of her own-stills every scene she's in, even as the villaness. I felt the screen time of the character of Motormouth Mabel to be a tad under the talents of the beautiful Q. Latifah but couldn't think of anyone else to play the role to do it justice. The Nickelodeon graduates round out the cast and do an incredible job. Can you tell I liked this movie? AMAZING-don't miss it.

No comments: