Thursday, September 20, 2007

'hairspray' sprays this summer with fun!!!!! - Hairspray Reviews

I have never seen a better performed musical that 'Hairspray'!! The first time I heard about 'Hairspray' was when the show first started on Broadway! I was like "Big Deal, a stupid musical about hairspray"(which it has nothing really to do with except the hair!) Little did I know was that it would be the best musical performance I would ever see. Yes I will admit that I was obsessed with Grease,The Wizard of Oz, Annie, Cats, Rent, and High School Musical through my childhood years through my teenage years, but who didn't enjoy them?? When I watched those movies I was thrilled with excitement, and watched them over and over again. Eventually I got tired of the songs and then the movie and then the cds and dvds just sat on my shelf. Hairspray changed that for me. I never even saw the broadway performance, but when I first listen to the Broadway Recording I knew this movie would be a hit. Yes there was a movie made back in the 80's but they didn't have music like this one did! From the moment Tracy(Nikki Blonsky) woke up from her bed in Baltimore and opened her mouth to sing I knew that I was going to be pleased. The way the movie was directed and choreographed was AMAZING!! Thank you so much Nikki Blonsky, John Travolta, Michelle Pfeiffer, Queen Latifah,Christopher Walken, Zac Efron, Amanda Bynes, Elijah Kelly, James Marsden, and Brittany Snow for making this movie the best that it could possibly be. I really hope to see some awards for this movie really soon!!!! 'Hairspray' really did spray some fun into my summer this year!

No comments: